Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Daily Devotion: Trials

    Trials
    "For he said: Thou art merciful, O God, for thou hast heard my prayer, even when I was in the wilderness; yea, thou wast merciful when I prayed concerning those who were mine enemies, and thou didst turn them to me."
    -Alma 33:4



    My name is Carly Smith, I am 19 years old, I served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I am an early returned missionary, and I have suffered from Depression and Anxiety. I have been through a lot in my short life of 19 years. I have moved around, lost many who were close to me, and I have had been tried and tested many many times. Because of my depression and anxiety, I was not able to complete my mission. I was out for about 2 months and I felt like a loser and a failure. After I had come home, I felt as though I had failed my family, friends, fellow missionaries, my mission president and his wife, but most importantly, I felt as though I had failed the Lord. But, I am able to stay close to God because I know that he has a special plan for me. I know that I am supposed to go through all of these trials to gain something bigger than said trials. I love Heavenly Father and I am so grateful for the plan that he has for me. Though I may not know all of the details yet, I am anxiously awaiting the day where everything falls into place.

    Today, if you are feeling far from God, spend a few minutes on your knees and pray for strength to know that He has suffered for each one of your trials, hardships and fears.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment